Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lean not on your own understanding...

Have you ever gone through a situation or time in your life where you knew that God was up to something but you couldn't grasp in your own mind what exactly it was? The Bible says in Proverbs 3:5 "5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" (NIV). There are times that God is moving, changing, shaping, molding, and creating to be what He wants us to be. In some of those times we may not quite be able to see the Big Picture that He sees.

A few weeks ago my Pastor - Pastor Daniel Parker- made a profound statement. He said this pertaining to our walk with God "trust is requested, but faith is REQUIRED!". This is SO true. We have to have faith in Our God that He knows what is best for us. In Jeremiah 29:11 it says "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV). God has our best interest in mind and He is on our side!!!!

What other religion or faith can say that they have a living God that sent His Son to die and RISE AGAIN for them???? None! Jesus Christ is the One and Only True and LIVING GOD!!!! John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." God made the ultimate sacrifice for US! John 15:13 "13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." God considers us His friends! That blows my mind...the Creator of the Universe...My Creator....considers ME His friend!

I think of that and just sit in awe of what an Awesome God we serve!!! How merciful and gracious is He that He would even consider my life, consider me as His friend, His child, His precious one!!!
God this morning, I stop to say "Thank you Papa God for your grace over my life! I should be dead, BUT You saw fit to be merciful and gracious to me!!! Thank you Lord for Loving me like no person ever could! Thank you for Being my Everything....without You I am NOTHING!!! I am Yours Father, no matter what others think or say, I am YOURS! I owe you my life and I will go where you send me. I love Papa God!!!!"

I encourage you all to remember all that He has done for you!!! Take the time today to thank the Mighty and Awesome God we serve for all He has done and all He is doing!!!! He is worthy of our praise NO MATTER WHAT we are going through!!!

Blessings to each of you today in Jesus Name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment