Sunday, February 5, 2012

Testimony....

Today I have been thinking about where God has brought me from, who I used to be, and where God is taking me....

Many of you that may read this may remember the Sue I used to be - an insecure, fearful, young girl desperate for "love" and attention from anyone I could get it from. So desperate that I did some crazy and stupid things to get the "love" I so desperately longed for....as so many young girls do.

Many of you may know me for the Sue that I am currently - a sinner redeemed by grace, that is not who she used to be, who knows who she is in Christ Jesus, and where real love comes from, with a passion for God and for what He is calling me to....

God sees the Sue that I will become, the Sue He wants and needs me to be, and He sees me as His beloved daughter.

Looking back, not to go back but to remember where He has brought me from, I would not want to go through alot of what I went through again. But I know that the things that I went through (whether because of life or because of choices that I made), made me who I am today. I am a fighter and I will not let anyone or anything stop me from moving forward into what God has for me and my family.

This is my declaration...Philippians 3:14 says "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Where has God brought you from? What has he done in your life? Where does He want to take you? I challange you to think and pray about these questions...share your testimony and God goodness and grace in your life with others, and seek Him for direction in your life.

4 comments:

  1. I will take time to think and pray .... because right now I don't have any answers for you, lol. I love you, Susan, and am so blessed to have your friendship! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you hon!!! And I am blessed to have you as a friend as well!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Funny when I first met you I wondered why is God connecting me with this "white lady?" But it was pre-ordained DESTINY!! God connected us because like PDJP says "There is someone within your church body who has been thru and overcame what your going through." I love you and your family soooo much, I feel like though our skin is different colors we still come from the same Bloodline. . . . JESUS! I'm headed for my BIGGER with AWESOME people around me who are BOLD, MOTIVATED, POSITIVE, AND ON FIRE FOR CHRIST! Thanks for being there for me, speaking LIFE into me, and always reassuring me that I am FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made to walk in PURPOSE for GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divine friendships...You are def one of mine hon!!! Love and appreciate you SO much Crystal!!

      Delete